Perhaps, the quirkiest cellar door we visit on our tours is that of Relbia Estate located at Penny Royal Wine Bar and Restaurant in Launceston.
Home » Tamar Valley Wine Tours, Launceston Wine Tours and Tasmanian Wine Tours » Wine Appreciation Tour
Wine Appreciation Tour
- Pick up from Launceston accommodation
- Walk in the vines
- Viewing of the winery / bottling
- Tasting from tank to bottle
- Two different lunch options with complimentary glass of wine
- Take home a gift pack of one Josef Chromy Pepik Range Wine
- Join the wine club free of charge to receive the same discounts as the members on purchase and shipping
- Return to Launceston accommodation
Do you want to know more about vineyards?
Would you like to learn more about the art of producing world class wines?
Do you want to know which wines match which foods best, and why?
Would you like to appreciate your wines more than you already do?
Then this tour is for YOU!
Prestige Leisure Tours and Josef Chromy Wines are proud to be able to offer you this exclusive tour.
Visit the breathtaking Josef Chromy Vineyard in Relbia. Be greeted by your amicable host, who will take you for a walk through the picture perfect vines and discuss pruning, ripening of the fruit, important aspects affecting quality of the fruit, and seasonal changes in the vineyard.
From there, it is over to the production facility, where you can view the numerous stainless steel tanks, the French Oak barrels, and the bottling area. This is the hub of the vineyard where all the great wines are produced. This can all be seen from a safe viewing platform.
You will then be offered a taste of the wines, direct from the winery. This tasting is done in a private area with viewing areas of the winery and magnificent views over the lake and vines. Learn about the different stages of fermentation and taste the difference in younger wines and more mature wines.
You will then be taken to the magnificent Josef Chromy Café / Cellar Door. Enjoy the best seats in the house!
We are able to offer you the following:
Choose from the a la carte menu and select seasonal Tasmanian produce for your entree and main course OR main course and dessert. Also included is one glass of Pepik wine with your meal.
- Tour only operates with a minimum of 2 guests
- Tour is an all-inclusive private package
- Advanced bookings are essential
11.00 AM – 4.00 PM
$195.00 per person