With summer starting to heat up here in Tasmania, our Gourmet Food and Wine Indulgence Tour is proving very popular!
Home » Tamar Valley Wine Tours, Launceston Wine Tours and Tasmanian Wine Tours » Boutique Beer / Wine / Cider / Honey & Mead Ale Tour
Boutique Beer / Wine / Cider / Honey & Mead Ale Tour
- Beer Tasting at Van Dieman Brewing
- Wine Tasting at Josef Chromy Wines
- Lunch and complimentary wine at Josef Chromy Wines Restaurant
- Cider Tasting at Dickens Cider
- Honey & Mead Ale Tasting at Taverners Boutique Brewery
- Meet our Award winning Master Brewers
- All tastings included
- Freight to your home can be arranged
Our latest addition: A Beer, Wine, Cider and Honey Mead Ale Tour, arranged exclusively for Prestige Leisure Tours and our guests!
This tour departs from Launceston and our first stop is at Van Dieman Brewing. This brewery is generally not open for the public. Here we go behind the scenes and you will have the opportunity to meet Master Brewer Will Tatchell. Will's mission is to – "Educate your taste buds – drink for the taste of it, not for the sake of it." Take this opportunity to taste the Van Dieman range of boutique beers and receive an informal education into the craft of making boutique beer.
Next we drop in for a visit and wine tasting at Josef Chromy Wines, arguably Tasmania's most spectacular vineyard setting. Be introduced to a great range of Tasmanian wines, including a selection of Sparkling wines, Riesling, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, and finish your tasting with a superb fortified Ruby Pinot!
Drag yourself away from the cellar door and have a seat inside the Josef Chromy Restaurant or outside on the decking overlooking the picturesque lake and extensive vineyard. Choose your two course lunch from the menu, starting with some bread and oils, followed by a main course and dessert. You can also enjoy a complimentary glass of their excellent wines from the Pepik or Josef Chromy range of wines.
After lunch we give you the opportunity to try some of Tasmania's best Cider. Dickens Cider is a boutique cidery making a good selection of English style ciders. Tasmania is renowned for its fresh apples so the team at Dickens Cider brought the use of Tasmanian apples to another level. Tickle your taste buds with tastings of Scrumpy, Old English Cider and Cider Rose.
To finish the day, we introduce you to various ales claiming their origin from pre-historic times. Lindsay Bourke is the Master Brewer at Taverners Boutique Brewery, now established in Australia for over 25 years. The basic beverage is an alcoholic drink derived by the fermentation of honey by yeast. Sample the Taverners great award winning selection of Honey Pale Ale, Honey Mead Ale, Strong Mead Ale, Honey Porter and Dessert Honey Mead.
Any purchases made during the course of the tour can be left here and freight to your home can be arranged at an additional cost.
- THIS TOUR IS SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF THE INDIVIDUAL BREWERS. WE WILL CONFIRM THIS WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR BOOKING.
- Tours only operate with a minimum of 2 persons and a maximum of 8 persons
- Tours will only operate on Monday to Friday
- Departures and return times are only approximate – please confirm at time of booking
- Lunch and glass of wine at Josef Chromy Wines is included in the cost
- Please advise us when booking of any special dietary requirements
11.00 AM – 4.00 PM
$185.00 per person