Perhaps, the quirkiest cellar door we visit on our tours is that of Relbia Estate located at Penny Royal Wine Bar and Restaurant in Launceston.
Wineglass Bay Day Tour – Tasmania
- Scenic drive via historic Campbell Town through rolling farmland
- Stunning views of Freycinet National Park and the Hazards Ranges
- Walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout
- Lunch at Freycinet Marine Farm (at your own expense)
- Stop in at romantic Honeymoon Bay
- Visit the historic Cape Tourville Lighthouse (time permitting)
- Option to do the Wineglass Bay Cruise (at your own expense)
Experiencing iconic Wineglass Bay is a 'must do' for all visitors to Tasmania with its perfect crescent beach and pristine white sands.
This tour travels through the historic farming region of the central midlands with rolling hills and grazing sheep – you may even spot some baby lambs! We pass through the historic township of Campbell Town with its beautiful country sandstone churches.
As we wind down towards the east coast through premium wine producing country, we gain our first view of the triangular peaks of the stunning Freycinet Peninsula.
We will stop for a quick visit to romantic Honeymoon Bay with its azure waters and orange lichen covered rocks. Then to the beginning of the Wineglass Bay Lookout walk where one of the Park’s friendly wallabies may even bounce up to say hello!
Enjoy this 45-minute walk through pretty coastal bushland past intriguing weathered rock faces up to the lookout. Here the spectacular panoramic views of Wineglass Bay and the Freycinet Peninsula will take your breath away.
By now you will have worked up an appetite! After descending from the walk we will head to Freycinet Marine Farm for lunch (at your won expense). Choose from the catch of the day. Fresh oysters, mussels, rock lobster, abalone and scallops are just some of the local seafood regularly on offer.
Time permitting, we will visit the historic Cape Tourville Lighthouse for a quick stroll around the point where you may even spot a whale from the viewing platform. Whales aren’t guaranteed, but a final glimpse of beautiful Wineglass Bay is before we climb back on board to return to Launceston.
Image by Peter Bellingham, courtesy of Tourism Tasmania
- Tour usually operates with a minimum of 4 guests, however it can operate with two or three people, at additional cost.
- Lunch is at your own expense.
- Option to do the Wineglass Bay Cruise at your own expense. Please note: This will require an earlier departure time of 7am.
8.00 AM – 5.00 PM
$180.00 per person