Perhaps, the quirkiest cellar door we visit on our tours is that of Relbia Estate located at Penny Royal Wine Bar and Restaurant in Launceston.
Tassie Gourmet Food and Chocolate Tour
- Tasting and purchase at Tasmanian Gourmet Sauce Company
- Scenic drive through quaint English style villages
- Honey tasting and purchases at the Melita Honey Farm in Chudleigh (closed Saturdays)
- Tasting and purchase of hot smoked salmon at 41 Degrees South Salmon Farm
- Complimentary Lunch at Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm
- Cheese tasting and purchase at Ashgrove Farm Cheese
- Chocolate sampling and purchase at the House of Anvers
This tour is truly a scenic delight and a must for all food lovers! It passes through the picture postcard villages of Westbury and Deloraine en route to the Melita Honey Farm in the small rural village of Chudleigh.
The Melita Honey Farm is a specialised retailer of honey and honey related products, including Active Manuka Honey. Here you can see bees at work and sample and purchase over 50 different natural varieties of honey.
There is some world class produce available all through this area.
Our first stop is the Tasmanian Gourmet Sauce Company for tastings and purchases of their award winning sauces and jams made on site from recipes handed down from mother to daughter.
Our next stop is 41 degrees South Salmon Farm and Eco Experience. Taste or purchase what is arguably the best smoked salmon in Tasmania and associated salmon products. You can take a self-guided tour of the fresh water salmon ponds and the ginseng fields or take a walk along the boardwalk through the farm’s wetlands.
After this we travel to the Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm. This is one place where you can taste and buy some truly delectable wholesome country style food. You can relax and enjoy a complimentary lunch platter and tastings, and indulge in some of their delicious raspberry products, such as chocolate dipped raspberries, or rich creamy raspberry ice cream.
To further the gourmet food experience, we drop in at the award winning Ashgrove Cheese Farm. Here you can taste unique cheeses with great flavours, including the famous Wild Wasabi cheese, all made with local ingredients. You can also view the cheese making and purchase a large range of other gourmet food and wine products from the Ashgrove Shop.
Gourmet food is not complete without truly delicious chocolate! House of Anvers, the total chocolate experience is a gastronomic delight. When you visit the House of Anvers you can see the qualified confectionery staff tempering, moulding and enrobing fine couverture chocolates, truffles, fudges and more. There are many samples for tasting and also available for purchase.
- Complimentary Lunch at Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm (food only)
- Tour only operates with a minimum of 2 guests
- The Melita Honey Farm is not open on Saturdays
10.00 AM to 4.00 PM
$165.00 per person