We are the Number One Food and Drink experience in Launceston! We are proud to announce that Prestige Leisure Tours is at the top of the Launceston Food and Drink listing on Tripadvisor – an online traveller’s guide based on customer feedback.
Tamar Valley Attractions Tour
- Scenic drive through the picturesque Tamar Valley
- Guided tour of Seahorse World
- Guided tour of Platypus House
- Explore the Beaconsfield Mine & Heritage Centre on a self-guided tour
- Visit the unique Grindelwald Swiss Village
- Lunch (at a your own expense) at a local cafe, restaurant or winery
The Tamar Valley attracts many visitors each day of the year. Its scenic beauty is visible through the changing times and seasons. The contrasting colours and the tidal changes of the meandering river combine to provide an area of serenity and spectacular views.
We first take you to Seahorse World at Beauty Point. Here you can have a unique educational tour experience through an aquarium dedicated to the breeding, education and conservation of the seahorse. This fascinating experience attracts visitors of all ages, with a touch pool for the kids, and viewing of sharks, giant cuttlefish, weedy sea dragons and other bizarre marine species.
The Platypus House is only a short stroll away. This is truly an amazing Tasmanian experience not to be missed. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch the shy and mysterious platypus and the enigmatic echidna in a controlled undercover environment.
From there we travel to the Beaconsfield Mine & Heritage Centre. This houses an interesting interactive display of various items to entertain and educate people of all ages. The history of Beaconsfield and of course the gold mine is very diverse and the displays will have you immersed back in time.
You are then driven to the unique Grindelwald Swiss Village with its European charm and own individual character. The Grindelwald Swiss Village was established in 1980 by Roelf Vos. It covers almost 405 hectares. The village has a quaint shopping arcade with numerous speciality shops to tantalise your taste buds, including craft shops, a chocolate shop, a village bakery and of course a souvenir shop. The village has Swiss inspired architecture with its steep pitched rooves and colourful flower boxes.
- Cost of entry to attractions is not included (discounted entry pass to all 3 attractions may be purchased)
- Attractions may be added or deleted to tailor the tour to your requirements
- Tour only operates with a minimum of 2 guests
- Lunch is at your own expense
10.00 AM to 4.00 PM
$145.00 per person