With summer starting to heat up here in Tasmania, our Gourmet Food and Wine Indulgence Tour is proving very popular!
Bridestowe Lavender Farm
- Scenic drive through the village of Lilydale
- Visit the Bridestowe Lavender Farm
- Cheese tasting at Yondover Farmhouse Cheese
- Please read notes to see optional extras to this tour
We will take you to the East Tamar area where you can marvel at the breathtaking views of 130 acres of French Lavender. Bridestowe is the world’s largest commercial lavender farm and during the peak season for flowers between December and January, the plants explode with an aromatic and truly colourful purple hue of flowers.
After this we visit the Yondover Goat Dairy in Tunnell. Here you can enjoy a free delicious cheese tasting, purchase a cheese platter, local wines, great coffee and homemade cake, while enjoying the stunning views and the multi coloured herd of goats. The tasting area looks out to an amazing rural vista of mountains and valleys, paddocks and forests, livestock and birdlife.
As an option on the return trip (time permitting and additional costs may apply), we can drive through the scenic West Tamar Valley and pass through the Grindelwald Swiss Village. Alternatively you can enjoy a wine tasting at selected boutique wineries nearby.
Attractions / wine tasting may be added to this tour to make it a full day or to tailor it to your requirement (additional costs apply).
- Peak season for flowers December/January
- Entry to the Lavender Farm is included in the cost
- Morning tea or lunch may be purchased (cost not included)
- Tour only operates with a minimum of 2 guests
10.30 AM to 3.00 PM
$100.00 per person